Goat Farm Construction plays a significant part in running a successful commercial goat farm. Normally goat farm construction is based on number of goats. If you like to start with less numbers of goat, there is a choice for constructing a simple goat shed. For commercial business, one must recognize how to build goat shed, because it requires security to protect goats from wild dogs, wolfs and snakes, irregular weather conditions and to supply shelter at night times.
Cost of goat farm construction depends on little things like space allocated for feed storage, number of goats, and the type of rearing like open field grazing or zero grazing. In the following blog post, Sri Thirumalai Roofings shares the tips and guides for goat farm construction in Chennai.
Tips for Selection and Construction of Goat Farm
* Select the land for goat farm construction which is not disturbed by animals, wild winds and floods. It should be dry and on height.
* Make sure East-West orientation air flow are the most preferred for goat farm construction.
* Always clean and keep the goat shed dry.
* Always make sure to have separate sections for goat based on their age and health conditions.
* Goats should have feeding area and partition for kids.
* If you are planning for intensive goat farming, the pen and run system of housing is preferred.
* Clean the shed and feed area and provide clean and fresh water.
* Sick goat is isolated from the shed, and in case of death, the goat should bury or burn so far away from shed.
* Ensure to have separate feeders for green fodders, concentrate feeds and water. To avoid any contamination, clean these feeders frequently.
* Goat manure should be removed from the shed on a regular basis to keep away from any diseases.
* If you are growing any green fodder, make the out let from the shed, so after cleaning the shed, water can flow freely to nearby fields.
* Make sure to construct a feed room as part of shed, so that the feed is protected.
* There is no restriction on the length of the goat shed. However, it is better to have the width of the house should be between 24 feet to 30 feet.
* You can have one or more gates depending on the shed dimensions. The gate can be made with iron or wooden battens. When it comes to gate dimensions, 1 meter x 1 meter is preferred.
Types of Goat Farm Construction
Over the Poles: These goat sheds are built on poles, having the height of about 1.5 meters 2 meters from the ground level. The best part of this type of shed is it can keep goats free from Damp /humid/moist/wet conditions. It is built above the ground level, one can maintain very easily and expect less diseases. Apart from this, any predators like wild dogs or snakes can be barred from entering into the shed.
Over the Ground: This type is most common in Indian goat farmers & made over the ground. The shed floor can be built with soil or cement or brick. However, one must maintain the floor always clean and dry.
Goat Farming with Concrete: Compared to other two types, this has made easy of cleaning and management. This type of goat farming expensive when compared to others.
As a Roofing Company in Chennai, we are familiar with these things before constructing the goat farming. If you want more information regarding Goat Farm Constructions to make your enquiry on Sri Thirumalai Roofings.