Most of the home and business owners are unsure on whether to repair or replace a roof. It is depending on the age and condition of your roof. In this blog post, as a Roofing Constructions in Chennai, we have shared which option is better.
Here are some factors to consider before replacing your roof
- In extensive roof damage cases, includes a huge area or damage to your roof underlayment may demand complete roof replacement. Extensive damages could be caused by events such as severe storms and high winds.
- Age: Most roofs last about two decades, depending on how often they are maintained during their lifespan. As such, if your roof has clocked 20 years or more, consider calling in a professional to access the possibility of replacing it.
Here are some factors you should consider if you are repairing
- Slight damage instances: There are instances where simple repairs such as shingle replacement are enough to fix the damage sustained by your roof. If your roof has been damaged by a fallen tree branch, intense winds, and general wear.
- Repair area: If 30% or less of your roof that needs to be fixed, a simple repair will be the logical choice. However, if a large area needs to be fixed, a roof replacement will be the better option as the cost of replacing the whole roof will be only slightly more than that of repairing the damaged area.
- Age of the roof: The age of your roof will also have a huge influence on whether you should replace or repair it. If the damages occur at the beginning or in the middle of your roof’s lifespan, repairing them will be the best option.