At Sri Thirumalai Roofings, we like our clients to be up to date as they required. Choosing their next roof is not a minute decision. It has an enormous impact on their home and, more than that, it impacts how long the roof is likely to last. Being Roofing Companies in Chennai, we have shared this blog post to you.
So, what type of roof lasts for long?
Before answering this question, we need to consider many factors that give to long-term quality. We also need to think about how strong the roofing material is; how likely that material can withstand for all environmental situations.
There are 5 important factors to consider:
- Material – what type of material to cover the roof – metal, tile/concrete, asphalt, slate, wood shake and foam
- Local climate – hot, rain and wind
- Implementation – choosing professional to install roof
- Building design – a building designed in commercial or industrial zones is more possible to experience chemical, exhaust and residue hazards – diminishing the lifespan of the roof
- Environmental factors – this also includes wildlife hazards, too
Of course, the owner has limited capacity to manage all 5 factors. But the one factor that owner can control is the material. Also, it’s essential that the roof is properly installed by the professionals.
If the roof is not installed properly, it cost owners thousands of money, in both the short and the long-term.
What type of roof lasts the longest?
An average roof is replaced every 20-25 years.
However, some materials enhance the lifespan quite largely. Below, we review the primary roof types and their average lifespan:
- Asphalt shingle: 20-25 years
- Metal / Steel: 40-60 years
- Slate: 50+ years
- Tile / Concrete: 50+ years
- Foam: 20-25 years
- Built-up (BUR): 20-30 years
- Single ply: 25-35 years
- Wood Shake: 15-18 years
Your roof may be of poor material quality, but if that roof is properly installed, and maintained, it will last considerably longer than a roof that is not maintained.
It’s essential that homeowners / business owners conduct regular inspections of their roof. If you are failed to conduct this simple inspection, then it can result in unnecessary cost and complications in the long-term.
At Sri Thirumalai Roofings, we offer Warehouse Roofing Contractors in Chennai and Godown Roofing Contractors in Chennai at large. If you would like to receive a free quote, contact a member of our team today.